A quelle adresse doit-on t'envoyer notre ebook sur la PRISE DE MUSCLE ?

205 kg au développé couché avec un seul maxi par semaine !

Questions précises et discussions sur l'entraînement de musculation

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 01h52

PART I

EXPERIMENTAL TRAINING
Christian Temple____________

My initiation into the often frustrating, yet undeniably addictive world of weight training began in 1976, at the age of 17. I was just beginning my senior year of high school and, due to the popularity of Arnold at the time, I was determined to build as magnificent a physique as he. Of course, I had little knowledge of the role genetics play in the development of the top physiques, and was completely ignorant of the use of drugs as an aid to muscle building. After all, the biggest and glossiest magazines of the day proclaimed that all that was needed to achieve a championship physique was dedication, a wholesome diet, and of course, subscriptions to the aforementioned periodicals so as to keep up on the newest techniques and ?secrets? of the champions that were, and still are, published each month.

Fortunately, I had other outside interests when I began training, so I did not have time to pursue routines like the champs recommended. I cut back on the volume considerably, yet I still performed much too much work. At the outset I did three whole-body workouts a week (as recommended in the instructional booklet that accompanied my first weight set) of about ten exercises for 3 sets of 10 each, and made some marginal progress. It wasn?t long before the mags really got my attention and I had converted over to a program of four-day-a-week workouts and three to four exercises per body part, each for 2 or 3 sets. Amazingly, I still was able to progress, so doubt blessed with the resiliency of youth.

ARNOLD?S INFLUENCE

My main source of training info at this time, in addition to the number one magazine, was the book Education of a Bodybuilder by Arnold. I followed, or attempted to follow, the recommended programs for intermediates in the second half of the book. I did spend some very limited time on six-day-a-week routines, but after some experimentation, they did not last. Four-day-a-week routines were the maximum I could handle, and I trusted Arnold. After all, who could possibly know more about weight training than the King of all bodybuilders?

It is important to note that when I started training at the age of 17 I was an untrained 180 pounds, at 5? 11?, and involved in normal teen athletics. Though I am by no means a genetic superior, I obviously had a good degree of genetic predisposition for strength and size gains. I can?t say I have ever identified with the 120-pound beanpole neophyte, though I certainly had, and still have, sympathy for this individual.

MIKE MENTZER?S INFLUENCE

I continued on my Arnold program for a year or more, developing some muscularity but not much size, when suddenly a new star burst on the horizon. Not only did this man possess a ruggedly massive physique, but claimed to reach this state by training three days a week (unheard of for a champion) and doing no more than 5 sets a body part. His name was Mike Mentzer.

This was about 1978 and Mentzer was all over the mags of the day. Of course his ?Heavy-Duty? courses were marketed monthly, and I sent for each one of them. They proposed the almost exclusive use of the ?pre-fatigue? system and explained it so logically that it just had to be the best way to progress. After all, Big Mike used the system, and he was a sterling example of the healthy bodybuilding lifestyle, wasn?t he?

I began the ?Heavy-Duty? routines as soon as the little booklets came in the mail. While still working out four days a week, my routines now consisted of 5 sets per body part, three body parts a workout. I gritted my teeth, and, come hell of high water, I rarely missed a workout. The initial results were an almost immediate increase in size and strength, I think up to about 200 pounds bodyweight by age 20, in 1979. The fact that I could barely drag myself out of bed in the morning was attributed to going to college full-time days and working part-time nights, and I never associated the exhaustion with my pre-exhaust workouts.

I continued using the pre-exhaust method for quite a long time. I never cycled poundages, trained to complete positive failure and beyond, and made progress. I guess I trained this way until about 1983 or ?84. How I didn?t wind up in hospital with systemic fatigue is a miracle, and I guess a tribute to my inherited structure. Looking back now, years later, many symptoms of overtraining and fatigue were present, though largely ignored. I suffered from insomnia, rapid heart rate, increased viral infections and colds, and chronic headaches. Still, I plodded on, sure that the pre-fatigue method was the only way to train.

Since the mags contained mostly articles by the ?champions?, praising the value of twenty-sets-per-body-part routines, and since the only ?sane? voice at the time was Mentzer, proposing ?limited? routines, his was the only voice I heard. Until about 1984.

ELLINGTON DARDEN?S INFLUENCE

At this time I purchased an Ellington Darden book on advanced Nautilus training. In it, Ray Mentzer was heralded as performing routines of only 7-8 exercises, for one set each, per workout. This was deemed as truly incredible, as compared to the routines of other champs. These routines were performed only twice a week. Naturally, I began such a program myself, and almost immediately began to see gains anew. It was about this time that I began to consider the benefits of doing less.

Now, while today in 1993 I have a lot of problems with the books and principles of El Darden, I must give him due credit, along of course with Arthur Jones, for initiating me into the world of truly limited training. I made excellent progress on the two-day-a-week training routine, performing eight or nine exercises a routine, yet still heavily concentrating on pre-exhaustion.

Today, it is easy for me to see that I was regularly overtraining on the pre-exhaustion technique, but at the time, the high intensity was producing ?good? results (measured at the time in muscularity and muscle soreness rather than actual strength increases). Even though I increased the weights used in an exercise by maybe 10 pounds every few months, I was always sore from my workouts the next day, so I must have been getting stronger, right? (In all fairness, I was fairly strong, performing dumbbell flyes with 75 pounds for 6 reps followed immediately by bench presses of 180 pounds for 6 reps. The problem was, I would remain at these weights for very long periods of time).

THE PRIORITY

To a large degree, I had neglected the foremost rule of effective weight training - this that of progression. It remained this way until about 1986 (27 years old). I did manage to increase my weight and muscular size to about 220 pounds or so, so apparently it is possible to increase size without the same increase in strength gains.

At about this time, I fortunately became aware of articles by people like Ken Leistner, Bradley Steiner and Stuart McRobert. These authors were not concerning themselves with catchy technique names, or the system of the week, but were pushing forth the concept of short, abbreviated training with the main focus on progression, progression, progression. All else in a routine was secondary as long as weight progression and true strength gains were the main focus of the routine.

I had always understood the importance of the big basic exercises, and had incorporated them into my routines. The problem was, I was killing myself on the isolation movement of the pre-exhaust cycle, and was therefore limiting my progress on the big basic exercises like benches, rows and squats. One of the hardest things I ever did was remove myself from the pre-exhaust principles and begin concentrating on just performing the big exercises. My routine at this time consisted of 2 sets each of the bench, row, hack squat, curl and press behind neck, performed two times a week, and I made the best strength gains of my life. I increased each lift considerably, and worked my bodyweight up to about 235 pounds by the end of 1986.

Of course - through age, experience and maturation - I began to get a better grasp on the concepts of anabolic steroids and hype. I must admit to a good deal of naivet? when it comes to drug use, yet I grew to appreciate that 99% of what was written at the time, even so-called abbreviated training, was geared for the drug-enhanced, genetically gifted trainee. My distaste for bodybuilding grew and I became more interested in acquiring true size and strength, not just showy yet non-functional muscles. I also gained enough confidence to trust in my own judgement, and perform experiments in training upon myself. I intended to become an ?expert? on my own body.

LESS IS MORE

One concept always remained in my mind, and filtered through all the hokum I read early on. That was the concept, created by Arthur Jones, of the bigger and stronger you get, the less you must train. I remember reading in a Nautilus book the recommendation that beginners perform 12 sets, three times a week, intermediates should perform 10 sets, two times a week, and advanced trainees should perform 8 sets two times a week. While this set-up is of course too simplistic an approach, the basic philosophy is sound. Bigger and stronger trainees exert more intensity with every rep of every set performed, and make greater inroads into their recovery system. Therefore, advanced trainees must perform harder work less often.

So, beginning in about 1987 (28 years old) I began to experiment with a wide range of days-of-the-week training, number of sets, and number of reps per set. Between 80 and 90% of the time I spent on single set training. Since I now believed ?set-enhancing? techniques to be more harmful than good. I only went to positive failure. I performed 8 sets a workout, twice a week, and made good progress. I cut the sets back to 7, 6 and 5 and made even better progress.

Periodically, I would vary my set and rep ranges, performing 3x3 or 5x5 per exercise. Instead of performing single sets of six or seven exercises a workout, I would perform only one or two exercises, 3 to 6 sets each, and each exercise only once a week instead of the ?required? twice. I discovered that the total number of sets in a workout was more restrictive on my recovery system than the total number of sets per body part. I experimented constantly and all results led to one conclusion - the less I trained, the bigger and stronger I got. From 1987-1991 I progressed to 250 pounds, with a corresponding increase in functional strength. While I periodically performed 3, 5 or 10 sets per exercise, and one-exercise workouts, I invariably returned to single-set routines of three to six movements.

I have spent time performing one exercise only, three days a week; one exercise every two weeks; and several weeks at a time of only training one target area, say back for example. And all these methods have delivered results. The bottom line, regardless of which approach I have taken, is to undertrain, rather than overtrain, and keep total volume to a bare minimum.

LESS IS BEST

The greater parts of 1991 and 1992 were spent further attempting to cut back in the training volume and frequency. Each successive decrease has led to a corresponding increase in size and strength. For a long time, two workouts a week were the norm, consisting of one set each of three different movements, for about 5 reps each. This is as close to a ?perfect? system as I had found, up to that point. The next year, 1993, involved further reductions in training, and has led to a present bodyweight of 270 (38? waist, 54? chest), and new maximums in single attempts lifted on a variety of exercises.

I believe my present routine to be near the ultimate in abbreviated, effective training. Yet, is it suitable for all trainees of all inherited potentials? Should we cut to the quick right from the beginner?s level, and perform the ultimate limited schedules available? Or, do beginners need more work due to their limited strength in the beginning and then begin to decrease their volume and frequency as their ability to generate intensity increases? I don?t know. A study would have to be conducted of a statistically significant population at the beginner?s level in a controlled environment. And this is not very practical.

All I can say is, every decrease in volume has, for me, yielded the next level of strength increase. And it is very important that we are talking size and strength increases here, not muscularity and bodybuilding type gains. While I am large and muscular, I do not possess the bodybuilder?s type of physique of outrageous vascularity and cuts. And no one who doesn?t use steroids will ever have that type of development. I much prefer looking like a power lifter or football player than I do a bodybuilder. Nowadays, I would consider it an insult to be lumped into that group of categorical liars and drug abusers (pre-steroid era bodybuilders excepted).

Abbreviated training is the only way to train, though there are various forms and concepts of keeping routines brief. Individual interpretation is always needed and accepted. I can only speak from my own experience and, as far as I am concerned, less is always best. I am currently down to training with only single-rep sets, and the results are marvellous. And I am currently considering experimenting with even less exercises as I get nearer and nearer to my inherited potential.

PART II

S-I-N-G-L-E-S
CHRISTIAN TEMPLE

It is a rarity in life when one can say they have come full circle and realized that the answer they have been seeking for so long has been under their nose all the time. If we were discussing religion, one could say that I am ?Born Again?.

JOHN McKEAN?S INFLUENCE

The Great Realization I have come to believe in so thoroughly is by no means a discovery of my own, though in my own mind I have hypothesized the effects of such training on and off for many years. No, the light that opened my eyes was the marvellous article by John McKean in the March 1993 issue of HG (#23). I will not attempt to step on John?s toes or reinterpret his excellent piece. I suggest strongly that those of you who missed this simple yet masterful article order a back issue immediately and acquaint yourselves with this piece. John also had excellent articles in issues #25 and #27 of HG.

The March 1993 article dealt with the IAWA, the concept of all-round training, and the performance of 18 different and often-times esoteric exercises spread over three workouts a week. Actually, most any movements is acceptable to perform in all-round lifting as long as it is not a standard power lifting movement. While that alone piqued my interest, the real guts of the article was single-rep training, and that is what got my training juices going.

The concept is so simple, so practical, and so ideal, yet it remained virtually invisible to the large majority of strength trainees, myself included. And even though the system as John McKean described it is designed for all-rounders, it is certainly suitable to the more standard lifts of the bench, squat and deadlift.

OTHER METHODS OF TRAINING

Let me state right off the bat that I am not saying that single-rep training is the only correct way to train and that all previous methods are null and void and a terrible waste of time (although many popular programs are). What I am saying is that it appears that single-rep training may be the fastest way to increase size and strength, and the hard gainer would be wise to attempt this type of program (provided all safety measures are properly taken).

This does not render all previous abbreviated training advice as inoperable. Yet, I cannot from this moment on, recommend any training style other than single-rep training. I believe that strongly in this method of training. I can remember, however, how I used to believe (before reading John?s article, setting aside the common anti-singles dogma, and putting the method to the test on myself) that single-rep training was not a good way to train.

THE RATIONALE

The only productive reps performed in a set - strength producing wise - are the last couple of reps. In fact, the last single is really the only one that builds strength, and a corresponding increase in muscle size. All the previous reps only serve as a warmup. I know that many, many authors recommend 15, 20 or more reps for some big exercises like the squat, and the terrific effects for many people from working out in this way are undeniable.

The problem as I see it with performing too many reps is the increased chance of overtraining, in addition to just plain tiring out the trainee. Also, for a trainee like myself who, either due to many years of low-rep training (6-10 reps), or pure genetics, or some combination of both, is a terrible ?repper?, the chances of performing high reps with a substantial weight is unreachable. When I attempt to increase repetitions, it might take me years to progress from 10 reps to 20.

Aside from being unable to do high reps with large weights, the question has always haunted me as to why anyone would want to do them. I mean, if you want to see how many times you can lift a weight consecutively as a show of strength and endurance, that is fine. But if your main goal is to get as big and strong as possible, as quickly as possible, and lift as much weight as possible for one limit rep, then why concentrate all of your precious muscular effort on repetition training?

I think the problem lies in the mistaken belief that weight training can be the beginning and end all of physical training. Since time is limited, many trainees have tried to put all their eggs in one basket, so to speak, and accomplish all their training goals using one modality. Using high reps for metabolic conditioning, medium reps for muscle size, and low reps for strength gains has been a standard method of training for years. And it is wrong.

Weight training should be used for one purpose only - increasing muscular size and strength. To attempt to use it for any other purpose is almost futile. Sure, one can use very light weights for thousands of reps, but the effect will not be stimulation of muscular growth. On the contrary, a nice aerobic workout can be achieved this way. (By the way, a large key to successful single-rep training is the incorporation of hundreds of reps with low resistance, not as a muscle-building tool but rather as an aerobic conditioner and muscle warmup. More on this later). Aerobic training should be incorporated into a strength program to take care of the other physical concerns, like metabolic training and warming up.

The evidence has been around for a long time that single-rep limited training is the way to go for maximum gains in strength. We have known that when an individual decreases his training from 20 sets per workout to 10 sets, a corresponding increase in strength gains and recovery is forthcoming. Also, when reps per set are dropped from 10 to 5 (at least for me), the results are similar. Some people, myself included, have progressed marvellously on two-day-a-week programs of 3 sets total per workout, 5 reps per set. And competitive lifters have for years trained using a variation of the single-rep method, albeit preceded by unnecessary low weight sets and too many reps. We have not seen the forest for the trees. If 5 reps increase size and strength, then why not 4, 3, 2... Or 1? The bottom line is this: lift X pounds of weight one day once, and the next time lift X + 1 pounds once (using the same form) and you must get bigger and stronger.

I know it is extremely difficult to accept the concept of performing single-rep sets. All I can say is it works, regardless of what the ?experts? say. It is logical, practical and effective.

WARMING UP

Let?s get back to warming up. ?Chris?, you might say, ?all those reps done prior to failure are a necessary precaution to warm up the muscles and prevent injury?. While it is true that the musculature should be thoroughly warmed up prior to attempting limit poundage work, it is not true that the warmup has to be of a weight training modality. Remember, any lifting you do contributes significantly to the cumulative effect on the recovery system, even a few submaximal sets.

The type of warmup that should be used is 12-15 minutes of a full-body aerobic nature. This will warm up all the musculature of the body prior to attempting limit poundage lifts. This will also provide a needed aerobic benefit that is not always attained by strength trainees. John McKean recommends a ?heavyhands? type of warmup (see his article on warming up in HG #27), while I do 20 minutes of aerobic skiing on a machine. Immediately after the warmup, the strength workout is initiated so as not to let the muscles cool down.

POTENTIAL PROBLEMS

Single-rep training is not without potential problems, so let?s discuss a few.

The first that comes to mind is that of safety. Any limit or near-limit poundages are being worked with, there is the potential for injury. Due to the aerobic warmup, injury to the musculature is virtually nonexistent (as long as your form is good and you don?t start off with your absolute best single lifts). The chance of injury due to muscular failure is possible, however. Movements should be chosen that are relatively safe to perform alone, especially for the home trainee. Movements where the weight can be dropped or pushed away from the body are best. This presents a problem for exercises like the bench press and squat. These two movements should never be performed for limit singles unless they are performed in a power rack, or with safety supports, or hanging chains or some other safety device that enables you to quickly and safely escape the bar. This point can?t be stressed enough.

Another point to consider is that of performing limit singles too often, and hance leading to overtraining. I think the style of putting routines together as described by John McKean precludes this from being a concern.

Previous strength routines that have incorporated maximum singles have, as a rule, included many warmup repetitions which contribute significantly to the effect on the recovery system. With the McKean singles style, only 3 reps are performed: 80%, 90% and 100% of that day?s maximum. Even though you are performing single reps for a maximum one-rep goal, the actual amount of reps at 100% max is minimal. That is, 2 of the 3 reps are submaximal, although of a high intensity nature, and often even the single rep we are calling 100% is actually less than a total effort (because you don?t start training on singles with your absolute best poundages).

In his article on singles in the July-August 1993 (#25) issue of HG, John McKean gave an example of starting a singles cycle with 80-85% of his all0-time best single as his starting 100% lift, and then added 5 pounds every week. Even if you feel you can do more than a single for each ?set? you do, you must only do one rep, otherwise you are likely to overtrain, even on this very limited schedule.

Another point of concern is the belief that very low-rep and heavy work does not contribute to muscular size. This has been the popular belief for a very long time, and I have a couple of theories on the subject.

Usually, those practitioners of low-rep work have been weightlifters and power lifters, not bodybuilders. Often, lifters become stronger without a corresponding increase in muscle size or bodyweight. I believe this phenomenon is due to the fact that a lifter in a weight class is striving to maintain his weight within that class via caloric restriction, and therefore appears that strength is gained while size is not. To some degree, this may be true, but in larger part, muscle size may be increasing while fat is decreasing, thereby maintaining similar measurements and weight. Also, ?lifters? are usually those who have a genetic predisposition to achieving strength gains over size gains, as compared to bodybuilders. Lifters also probably have a less frequency of drug use than bodybuilders, at least on the less-than-elite level. These are just theories, but now I will detail my own progress as an example.

A TWELVE-WEEK CYCLE

Here?s the procedure I used for singles training and the actual progression through a 12-week cycle. The training program makes most of the recommended routines in HG seem like marathon workouts.

In week one of the cycle, I began performing 9 exercises in total - 3 each on 3 non-consecutive days a week, i.e., Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The movements chosen were a combination of basic power and size movements along with some other lifts that I had not previously spent much time on. Each group of lifts was organized so as to train the legs, back and chest structures from a slightly different angle on each training day. The setup looked like this (and remember that a full-body aerobic warmup opened each session):

Monday
Squat
High Pull
Standing Press

Wednesday
Straddle lift
Bench Press
Bent-over row

Friday
Hack squat (using a barbell)
One-arm deadlift
Press behind neck

Each lift was performed for 3 reps and 3 reps only - 80%, 90% and 100% of my one-rep maximum. The actual weights started in week one as a one-rep maximum were actual limit singles for me, dependant on experience with a particular lift. (Bear in mind I was already familiar with low-rep work when I moved into singles - I didn?t feel I needed to ?break in? to singles training. You are likely to be different though). For instance, taking the bench press, my max single for week one was 405 pounds, which, since I have a considerable history of performing the bench press, I knew to be an actual max single. In the straddle lift, however, the week-one max was 310. This was derived at by simply adding weight to a 5-rep set until only one rep could be performed. I called this a max.

The first week?s 80%, 90% and 100% poundages looked like this:

Hack squat: 215, 240, 270
One-arm deadlift:135, 155, 170
Press behind neck: 150, 170, 190
Straddle lift: 245, 280, 310
Bench press: 325, 365, 405
Bent-over row: 215, 240, 265
Squat: 295, 330, 370
High pull: 160, 175, 190
Standing press: 175, 200, 220

Remember, each lift is done only once a week, for 2 submaximal singles, and then one maximal single. These lifts were continued for six weeks, at the end of which the following singles were performed:

Hack squat: 300 (11% of previous best)
One-arm deadlift:200 (a new lift, no previous best)
Press behind neck: 220 (115% of best)
Straddle lift: 340 (another new lift)
Bench press: 430 (106% of best)
Bent-over row: 295 (111% of best)
Squat: 400 (108% of best)
High pull: 220 (115% of best)
Standing press: 250 (114% of best)

Six weeks after starting a singles program - at 5? 11? and 260 pounds - I increased my one-rep max each workout by 5 pounds and also increased my bodyweight to 268 pounds. This was not a fat gain due to less activity. In fact, due to aerobic warmup, I lost body fat, as indicated by an inch decrease in my waist (from 38 to 37) and I increased my muscle mass noticeably, evidenced by the fact that my shirts were now too small and my trousers a little baggy. Quite an accomplishment for an advanced trainee of 33 years of age with 16 years of training.

At the end of six weeks, I reevaluated my program. Though I was nowhere near overtraining (my enthusiasm and recovery have never been better), there were certain lifts I felt I had peaked on. I felt it would be more productive to subtract these movements from the program and continue to make progress on the movements I felt I had the greatest potential for increased gains. (This was based totally on instinct and does not necessarily mean I would have been unable to make further progress on those other lifts). Week 6 through to 12 followed this program:

Monday
Straddle lift
Bent-over row

Wednesday
Bench Press
Curl*

Friday
One-arm deadlift
Standing Press

*The curl was introduced for three reasons - to introduce variety, to maintain two moves each workout, and simply to gain some size and strength in an ?untrained? area.

The rep scheme remained the same as in the first 6 weeks, but the weekly poundage progression was reduced relative to the first 6 weeks. At the end of 12 weeks, the results were single lifts as follows:

Straddle lift: 350 (113% of previous best from week #1)
One-arm deadlift: 225 (132% increase)
Bench Press: 450 (111% increase)
Standing Press: 265 (120% increase)
Bent-over row: 315 (119% increase)
Curl: 165 (110% increase)

At the end of 12 weeks, my bodyweight had edged up to 271 or 272, and there were still no signs of fatigue or overtraining.

Why was this method so effective for me? Some of the reasons were given earlier, yet I believe the main reason is a combination of three factors: maximum effort and maximum rest, no wasted effort, and - maybe most importantly - a long history of intense and brief training that has trained my musculature to react to brief bouts of intense effort, compensating with increases in size and strength. Whatever the true ?scientific? explanation, this method has worked for me. I can say with some certainty that it is the only way I will train from now on. Unless, of course, a briefer method comes along.

Is this progress due to favourable genetics? Absolutely, and others may not reap the same benefits. Yet I suspect that anyone of average potential will receive the best strength increases of their career. And anyone with above-average potential (like me) may see phenomenal success, particularly at the intermediate level.

Still not convinced? Well consider this. If a person who weighs 130 pounds and bench presses 80 for a single works out diligently and intelligently, and, over several years, increases his one-rep bench press to 350 pounds, do you think he will still weigh 130? More likely he will weigh 250. An exaggerated example, I know, yet I think it drives home the point.

What about beginners? They have always been steered clear of really hard work, especially anything as rugged as max singles. I really cannot comment on beginners and singles as neither I nor anyone else I know personally has used them in the beginner stage. I can say that John McKean put his young son on them from the very beginning of his training and he has progressed at a remarkable level. Maybe John can comment further on the applications to beginners.

I am very interested in how others react to a singles program. Anyone wanting advice, or to let me know of their progress, may write me at 210 N. Main Street, Franklinton, NC 27525, USA.
Gagner du muscle : Progressive Resistance
Perdre du gras : Input < Output
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Bakawa shinanakya naoranai
Les idiots ne guerrissent qu'en mourant.
Vincent

Messagepar Herve Picard le 31/12/2006 10h25

c est trop long j ai rien lu !
mais je te crois .C est comme pour tout Vincent .Il y a des gens qui bossent des heures tous les jours pour reussir medecine et d autres (tres rare) qui ne foutent rien et reussissent tout.
Dans les choses où le coeur n'est plus, la main n'est jamais puissante.
Herve Picard

Messagepar Patrice N. le 31/12/2006 12h48

+1 (pour hervé) ;)
Patrice N.

Messagepar Impaled_-l- le 31/12/2006 13h04

Peu importe la methode, au final seul le resultat compte.
Impaled_-l-

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 13h38

Herve Picard a écrit:c est trop long j ai rien lu !
mais je te crois .C est comme pour tout Vincent .Il y a des gens qui bossent des heures tous les jours pour reussir medecine et d autres (tres rare) qui ne foutent rien et reussissent tout.

Ben oui c'est sur que le mec génétiquement c'est pas monsieur tout le monde. Mais encore une fois tu prends l'exemple d'un apprentissage versus une adaptation physiologique, c'est vraiment pas du tout la même chose. On apprend pas à curler, on stimule nos biceps pour qu'ils soient en mesure de curler plus lourd ou simplement pour qu'ils soient plus gros.
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Babysneiha le 31/12/2006 13h49

Vincent,

Y'a t'il une possibilité de synthétiser pour les novices comme moi et j'ai peur de mal comprendre le texte si je devais le traduire moi-même.

Merci.
Be Cool, Bien s'Entraîner, Bien Manger, Bien Dormir.
Babysneiha

Messagepar Herve Picard le 31/12/2006 13h52

et toi tu compares le bronzage à la muscu.c est pas mieux.
De toutes les manieres un apprentissage ca n est que des modifications physio.
Chez l homme tout est physiologique ,chimique ,biochimique meme l amour.
Demande à kurganian il t en parlera mieux que moi
Herve Picard

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 14h03

NON Hervé, le bronzage, c'était pour illustrer que toute DEMANDE physiologique peut s'écrire sous la forme : intensité x volume x fréquence. C'est le modèle général de HANS SELYE ! (Théorie GAS : General Adaptation Syndrome et LAS : Local Adaptation Syndrome).

Quand tu apprends le chinois, tu n'obtiens pas une adaptation de ton corps tu ne fais que stocker des informations. Quand tu apprends à faire du vélo ton système nerveux ne s'hypertrophie pas, il apprend à mieux coordoner les muscles. On parle d'apprentissage neuro-moteur. Plus le volume et la fréquence sont élevés plus tu obtiens de résultats.

En revanche, lorsque tu marches pieds nus, tu obtiens de la corne aux pieds, c'est une adaptation physiologique locale. Il y a une demande qui s'exprime en intensité x volume x fréquence. C'est la meme chose aussi avec une blessure, selon l'intensité, le volume et la fréquence des blessures ton corps va réagir en créant une croute cicatricielle plus ou moins importante. On apprend pas à créer une croute, c'est une réaction locale à une demande spécifique.
Ici si l'intensité est insuffisante, quel que soit le volume rien ne se passe et il y a une limite à la réponse du corps. Si la blessure est trop importante (ou trop fréquente), impossible de cicatriser, c'est la mort (stage of exhaustion chez Selye). Meme chose avec l'entrainement si la fatigue musculaire est trop importante (course de longue distance par exemple, c'est l'atrophie musculaire).

Je peux difficilement être plus clair que ca.
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 14h17

Baby pour faire hyper court, c'est l'histoire d'un gars qui commence à s'entrainer en étant inspiré par Arnold ("volume training") qui ne gagne pas grand chose, puis qui passe progressivement à Mentzer (Heavy Duty) puis Darden (HIT) et qui se rend compte que plus il diminue son volume d'entrainement plus il progresse. Il en arrive au point où il ne fait plus qu'une seule série de 5 répétitions par mouvement 1x par semaine.

Il pensait alors avoir trouvé le système d'entrainement idéal. Puis il a eu l'idée de diminuer encore son volume d'entrainement en passant de 1x5 à 1x1 (oui 1 série de 1 répétition). Et la il a encore fait de gros progrès. Pour arriver à curler 75kg et Bencher 205kg avec 147cm de tour de pecs.

-------

Je cautionne bien sur ce type d'entrainement, mais peut-être pas jusqu'à l'unique répétition (je l'ai fait) mais il faut être SUPER résistant NERVEUSEMENT (aussi au niveau des articulations) et d'après mon expérience et les études, 1x1 n'est pas supérieur à 1x5-20 (au contraire meme, il existe des études qui montrent qu'une série longue est légèrement supérieure à une série courte 1-5 reps).
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Fabien.s le 31/12/2006 14h29

Oula c'est compliqué tout ça :D, commences par avoir une bonne hygiéne de vie et tout ira mieu déja( bien dormir, manger de le bonne bouffe...)
DSL c'est plus fort que moi j'en remet une couche, sinon bon courage quand méme mais tot ou tard tu finiras par te lasser de toutes ces études...
Fabien.s

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 14h41

Fabien je ne sais pas si tu as remarqué, mais il ne s'agit pas de moi dans cet article, mais d'un ricain qui en faisant une série voire meme 1 single a réussi a atteindre un niveau au DC qui dépasse tout ce qui se fait ici même.

Pour ma part je progresse tranquillement avec ma série unique, tout comme Plasma, DX, David et peutêtre d'autres (bcp bcp d'autres sur les forums ricains, allemands, italiens, il n'y a qu'en France que l'entrainement est si arriéré). J'ai deja conseillé à ceux qui voulaient avoir des exemples de "ONE SETTEURS" d'aller sur le site de Doggcrapp : (attention il faut trier entre naturels et dopés, c'est pas évident).

Dogg lui même est énorme et bosse sur une seule série. Sinon tu peux aussi aller sur le site IART.com (dans success stories) :

Maintenant si vous refusez la théorie, les études portant sur la pratique et les exemples de pratiquants qui progressent. Qu'est-ce que je peux faire de plus ? Franchement je vois pas !
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Rudy le 31/12/2006 14h49

700 reps pour les épaules ce matin, j'étais énorme !

On apprend à contracter ces muscles. C'est, sans doute, un des apprentissage les plus dur qui soit.

100 euros que ton mec est un obèse.
Rudy

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 15h26

obèse je sais pas, PAS SEC, c'est certain ! Mais il a aussi des muscles pour bencher 200+... et curler 75kg entre autres.

Apprendre à contracter les muscles... En isolation, les études montrent un recrutement maximum dès les premières séances. Sur des exos composés ca n'est pas le cas, il faut une petite période d'adaptation. Les études montrent un gain de muscle directe avec un entrainement en isolation alors qu'avec un entrainement sur des exos composés, l'hypertrophie ne se fait remarquer qu'après quelques semaines.

Si tu veux Gus Cutarageros a posté toutes sortes d'études sur le sujet, je pourrais les retrouver sur hardgainer.com
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Crying Freeman56 le 31/12/2006 16h04

En isolation, les études montrent un recrutement maximum dès les premières séances.

:confused: pas très crédible
ca veut dire par ex que en quelques séances on puisse arriver à contracter la portion latérale de l'épaule avec des élévations latérales...
hum hum
Crying Freeman56

Messagepar Guen le 31/12/2006 16h09

Aussi bien le mec a un gros volume d'échauffement: 15*100 10*140 5 *165 2*180.

Il ne compte que sa série à l'échec.

Sinon comme Body, il a maintenu ses muscles avec 1 minimum de volume, puis il a enflé comme 1 porc pour progresser en force.
Guen

Messagepar Fred le 31/12/2006 16h10

Body a écrit:
100 euros que ton mec est un obèse.

+1
Fred

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 16h19

Ben oui Freeman quand tu fais des élévations latérales tu utilises tes side delts il n'y a pas moyen de faire autrement. La question est 100% des side delts ou pas ? On a deja débattu avec Crocco a coups d'études et on avait dit que c'est 100% ou 100% de ce qui est recruttable (mais ca n'a pas bcp de sens, ca voudrait dire qu'il y a des unités motrices jamais utilisées...)

hahaha Gun ! il explique sa chauffe : 1x80%, 1x90%, 1x100% c'est pas excessif ! Avant ca il fait 20min de cardio pour s'échauffer de manière générale. Et avant les singles il faisait 1x5 ...

Each lift was performed for 3 reps and 3 reps only - 80%, 90% and 100% of my one-rep maximum.

la graisse n'aide pas sur un Curl...

---- Je peux comprendre votre étonnement, mais encore une fois, SI VOUS ACCEPTEZ le fait qu'il faut fatiguer les muscles, alors comme je l'ai montré une série permet d'atteindre une fatigue incroyable. On pourrait pousser un peu en disant qu'un Marathon c'est une série de 42km (avec je ne sais pas combien de reps par jambes). Pour dire qu'en une série on peut atteindre une super fatigue (trop de fatigue).

J'ai deja fait du statique pendant 6-10min SANS PAUSE je ne pouvais meme plus tenir une barre de 10kg à la // (au curl). Si ca c'est pas de la fatigue... TROP de fatigue... c'est plus un entrainement atrophiant qu'hypertrophiant la.

Le Volume en soit ca n'est rien, explique pourquoi le volume d'entrainement selon toi est la clé de l'hypertrophie ? Il faut pas faire du volume pour faire du volume, il faut un but, une idée. Malheureusement quelle que soit ton idée elle ne sera pas supporté par les études ni la pratique mais c'est mieux que rien.

----

FRED on ne peut pas contracter la graisse, ca n'aide pas. Ca peut juste permettre de réduire l'amplitude d'un mouvement. Mais sur le curl, le SDT a un bras, le ROW etc. Il faut m'expliquer en quoi la graisse aide tant que ca...
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Guen le 31/12/2006 16h24

De toute façon je ne conteste pas que ce soit possible, mais je ne peux croire que ce soit l'optimum 1*1/semaine.
Guen

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 16h31

Il y en a plus qu'on le croit qui ont fait ca : Kubik, Jeff Pitts, Christian (le mec de l'article) et d'autres sur HG.com.

Optimal ? Je pense pas non plus, je pense que cette ultime étappe est exagérée par rapport à la série unique. Jeff Pitts en dépit de ses super gains en singles dit avoir mieux progressé par la suite avec une série de 5. Kubik mais la c'est sans doute hyper commercial, dit avoir super bien progressé en singles PUIS avoir connu des gains meilleurs encore avec un entrainement à BW et il écrit un livre la dessus... méfiance !

en plus comme le soulignait Darrell, ces mecs la capables de bencher 200kg ou de faire un DM à 130kg génétiquement ils ont ce qu'il faut, c'est-à-dire des fibres rapides (d'ailleurs christian dit avoir toujours été très mauvais en endurance), donc pour eux un single ca peut être très proche de l'optimal. Pour l'average joe je pense qu'une série de 5-10 voire meme 20 reps c'est mieux. C'est-à-dire qu'au lieu d'une fatigue (inroad) de 10%, il faut plutot viser 20-30%.
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Fred le 31/12/2006 16h38

Vincent je n'ai pas dit que la graisse aidait a contracter, mais je trouve que résultats positifs ou pas, le gars doit avoir un physique degueulasse en s'entrainant avec 1 rep/semaine.
Fred

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 16h38

J'ai posté ces articles pour montrer que meme au TOP NIVEAU naturel (pitts, kubik, christian) on a des gars qui font un volume d'entrainement absolument "ridicule". Ca montre quoi ? Ca montre que c'est pas le volume d'entrainement qui est important, mais de recruter ET fatiguer ses muscles. Ceci ne requièrt pas plus qu'une série voire meme pour certains une répétition.

Il y a aussi une myriade de types qui ont suivi l'entrainement de John Christy, plus "modéré", moins radical, 2x5 et qui ont des perfs et un physique étonnant. Brian Johnston aussi 1 série par muscle ou par exo (avec 2-3 exos pour le dos, les épaules ou cuisses) et 1x tous les 14 jours seulement. Pourtant, il affiche un super physique ! Il y en a plein !
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 16h40

Fred prendre du gras ca dépend de ton INPUT et OUTPUT de calories. Je connais des gens qui ne s'entrainent PAS DU TOUT, qui ne font meme pas UNE HEAVY REP par semaine et qui sont très secs (sans avoir de gros muscles évidemment !) et d'autres qui sont très gras en s'entrainant 15h pa jour... comme m.Vacherin (enfin on l'a pas encore vu mais à l'écouter il est pas sec comme Fyo malgré ses heures d'entrainement par jour).

Les uns mangent pas ou si peu, les autres mangent bcp !
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Fred le 31/12/2006 16h50

Je pense que le gras joue sur la recup et la façon dont tu peus tenir tes scéances. D'autres aussi l'ont constaté.

Pour le volume réduit, tu as raison, mais c'est valable seulement pour des individus ayant un système nerveux a part. Ca doit etre le cas de ton gars.

Au niveau du culturisme, Dorian Yates avait aussi un volume reduit, mais lui aussi devait avoir une capacité a recruter ses fibres que n'auront probablement jamais la plupart des gens.

Car il faut déjà être doué naturellement a la base et ensuite c'est un apprentissage qui peut prendre des années.
Fred

Messagepar Mr.Propre le 31/12/2006 17h30

Moi je suis pour une descente générale à Genève, on lui casse son ordi, on brule ses livres et ses bioman, on lui paye son abonement dans un bon fitness, on l'attache au banc de dc, une fessée et un supositoire pour qu'il ne recommence plus.
Objectifs 2011: fessiers striés - Intégrer la team superphysique

Mr.Propre

Messagepar Fabrice SP le 31/12/2006 17h39

hahaha

je suis d'accord :D

BTW ce qui m'énerve avec Vincent c'est qu'il prend des petits morceaux d'internet par ci et par là et hop il fait sa sauce !

J'ai le bouquin de Kubik chez moi et ses pamphlets Big Bench et Big Arm, et s'il fait des maxis maintenant, il ne le recommande pas mais des séries de 5 et il s'est pas tjs entrainé comme ça, loin de là. En plus il fait peut etre 1RM, mais tu oublies les séries de chauffe et la marche du fermier qu'il fait avec des poids de fou autour de son paté de maison... Bref...
Fabrice SP
Administrateur

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 18h42

ok alors oublions Kubik, prenons Pitts, Christian et ceux de HG.com. Kubik a tout de même déclaré que rien ne lui avait fait gagner autant de muscle et de force que les singles. Arretez un peu avec la chauffe, vous vous ridiculisez la :rolleyes: J'ai meme posté en 2004 je crois tout un texte PRO SINGLEs de KUBIK, je l'ai d'ailleurs relu récemment.

Fred c'est plus une question de degré de fatigue que de recrutement. Vraiment on a eu 10'000 débats avec Crocco sur le recrutement. Je t'assure que toutes les études montrent un recrutement volontaire de 90-100% des muscles chez des sujets non entrainés. Je vais pas les reposter ici. Si tu ne me crois pas, alors montre moi des études qui prouvent le contraire ou adresse toi à Ron Sowers ou Dan Moore qui eux ont un répertoire avec toutes les études, moi je suis bcp plus brouillon :o
site de Ron :
site de Dan :

Propre je préfèrerais te payer une "transformation" en Thailande, et que tu viennes ensuite chez moi, car c'est plus d'une fille dont j'ai besoin que d'un gros malabar qui vient tout casser à la maison :D
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Mr.Propre le 31/12/2006 19h02

Si tu veux une fille, commence par arreter les théories du vide et les bioman, prend un peu confiance en toi, trouve un boulot et bourre toi pas la gueule comme un alcolo les rares fois ou tu sors. Tu es gentil, pas trop con et pas totalement ignoble non plus, si tu fais un effort, tu peux te trouver des muscles et une copine je pense.
Objectifs 2011: fessiers striés - Intégrer la team superphysique

Mr.Propre

Messagepar Vincent le 31/12/2006 19h13

Oui t'inquiète je m'arrete la, après les quelques threads théoriques, cet article était le clou "spectacle". A la base j'avais pas prévu ca je sais meme plus comment ca a commencé. Tout ce qui devait être dit a été dit (une centième fois). Je peux pas faire mieux pour le moment. Je reviendrais probablement pas avant fin 2007, pour faire un retour avec un meilleur texte sur la théorie/méthode et d'autres articles et photos de big low volumers :cool:

Sur ce, je vous souhaite sincèrement une bonne progression en 2007 et sans trop d'overtraining :p
Strict Curl 1x58kg
Vincent

Messagepar Impaled_-l- le 31/12/2006 19h47

Il me semble que yates qui lui aussi pratiqait la serie unqiue et ben en fait... ne faisait pas la serie unqiue, autant que je me rappele un article sur ces entrainements de jambes, il faisait une serie effectivement mais en degressif, et il ne comptait qu'une serie, mais ua final ça faisait enormement de reps, le tout encjainé avec des temps de repos tres brefs.

Alors là aussi a voir ce que les mecs appelent serie unique.
Impaled_-l-

Messagepar Fred A. le 01/01/2007 20h33

Vince, tu as toujours réponse à tout comme ca ? c'est fou :D
Fred A.

Messagepar Herve Picard le 01/01/2007 21h08

Putain avec ton physique ,ton intelligence , ton humour ,et le fait que tu sois bien sympa
je pense que tu devrais etre un des plus grands seducteurs que la terre ait porté . :cool:
Herve Picard

Messagepar Yann L. le 02/01/2007 19h31

Vince,2H30 sur les bras dimanche pareil sur les jambes ce soir! peut plus marcher j'ai des crampes dans le vaste interne :D t'en as souvent des crampes avec une série d'une rep tout les 15 jours? :\ :D
Perseverance,against all opposition,crushing all limitations,pure strength through solitude,discipline and determination.
Yann L.

Messagepar Patrick B le 02/01/2007 20h08

La crampe n'est pas le signe d'un bon training, le progres si
"Au lieu de sécher t'aurais du transformer la graisse en muscle"
Patrick B

Messagepar Herve Picard le 02/01/2007 21h17

oui Mais Yann est plutot un exemple de bonne progression avec un entrainement dur.
Herve Picard

Messagepar Fabien.s le 02/01/2007 21h19

+1, ses 2H30 de training ça doit pas étre de la rigolade!
Fabien.s

Messagepar KeMeDa le 08/03/2007 13h07

J'avais oublié ce thread de l'énormissime Vincent. Incroyable quand mm d'en arriver là. :eek: :eek: :eek:
, , .
KeMeDa

Messagepar Lou le 08/03/2007 15h57

:D
tt le monde a la capacité gro maigre movaise nature tt le monde peut y arrivé il fo simplemen se dechirer
Lou

Messagepar Herve Picard le 08/03/2007 21h51

il est ou Vincent ?
Herve Picard

Messagepar Guen le 08/03/2007 21h52

Il a quitté le forum, il a fini par en avoir marre que tout le monde lui tombe dessus à chaqun de ses posts.
Guen

Messagepar Lou le 08/03/2007 22h19

Il poste sur ODM, non ?
tt le monde a la capacité gro maigre movaise nature tt le monde peut y arrivé il fo simplemen se dechirer
Lou

Suivante

Coaching avec Rudy Coia
Musculation avec haltères
Le meilleur de SuperPhysique

Retourner vers Entraînement Musculation

• DISCUSSIONS EN RELATION
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message