A quelle adresse doit-on t'envoyer notre ebook sur la PRISE DE MUSCLE ?

Programme de Dave Tate pour progresser au développé couché

Questions précises et discussions sur l'entraînement pour devenir fort

Messagepar Pos le 03/01/2006 22h09

ca exite encore PM ?!!!!!
?!!!!!
[url=www.superphysique.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72]Log d'entrainement[/url] | [url=www.superphysique.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5016]Bookmarks[/url]

"Touche moi pas, tu m'salis"
Pos

Messagepar Yann L. le 03/01/2006 22h12

Coudes rentrés prise 65cm entre les pouces et dos arqué mais pas de pontage,j'ai l'impression que les épaules en prennent moins dans la gueule.
Perseverance,against all opposition,crushing all limitations,pure strength through solitude,discipline and determination.
Yann L.

Messagepar Pos le 03/01/2006 22h13

coudes rentrés, donc le plus pres du corps possible?
preise inferieures à ce que tu prenais avant?
tu descend ou sur les pecs?
[url=www.superphysique.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72]Log d'entrainement[/url] | [url=www.superphysique.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5016]Bookmarks[/url]

Pos

Messagepar Maximus le 03/01/2006 22h22

Lecteur de Flex magazine.

Ca doit faire un moment que t'as pas été sur PM.

OK LDMDM ;)
Maximus

Messagepar Rudy le 03/01/2006 22h24

LFM, c'est plus marrant car dans Flex, y'a vraiment que de la merde ! :D
Rudy

Messagepar Fab5533 le 03/01/2006 22h32

M'énerve ce topic, fini, je lis plus jamais de théorie !
J'ai bien fouarré ma séance à essayer "d'écarteler" la barre, de faire prout prout gna gna comme ci, prout prout gna gna comme ça !
:mad:
Fab5533

Messagepar Yann L. le 03/01/2006 22h42

Pos oué les coudes à 45°,barre un peu en dessous de mes tétons roses.
Avant un peu plus de 70cm entre pouces,coudes bien dans l'axe,jambes un peu relevés et dos à plat,c'était de la pure merde,tendinites et problemes à une clavicule tout les 2 mois!
Je pense qu'il y a un rapport puisque ca fait 6 mois que je me suis pas blessé.
Perseverance,against all opposition,crushing all limitations,pure strength through solitude,discipline and determination.
Yann L.

Messagepar Eponge le 05/01/2006 15h14

15 Secrets to a Bigger Bench Press
Naturally, legally, and immediately!
by Ian King

Unfortunately, too many weight trainers fixate on weight. Never mind that their form is shoddy, their skill at training is marginal, or that their girlfriend has just run off with a circus geek. All that matters is how much iron they're able to clang.

If you're familiar with my writings, you might know my belief that loading (i.e. how much weight you can move) isn't the be-all and end-all that some make it out to be. In fact, relatively speaking, I think that it's overrated. When you look at the sub-qualities of strength that I identify (such as control and stability, general strength and hypertrophy, maximal strength, and power and endurance), you see that loading is the dominant quality in one category, shares the limelight equally with at least one other variable in two of the categories, and is of less importance in the remaining three.

But there's a time and place for loading and, when it's the desired goal, why not get it right? I cringe when I see the mistakes that many gym users make when it's apparent that their goal is to lift as much as possible. Whether or not they're going for max for the right reasons is difficult to say. From the physiques that most possess, however, I suggest that they're maxing out for the wrong reasons!

However, for the sake of this article, and so I can sleep at night, I'll assume that you want to lift as much as possible in the bench press exercise for the right reasons. Here are a few tips. They're natural in that they don't involve any drugs. They're legal in that they can be used in powerlifting or bench press competitions. And, best of all, they'll work immediately!

Most strength trainers will never know these "secrets" and, unless they gain access to information such as that contained in this article, they'll continue to miss out on the significant gains that come from such seemingly subtle modifications. So, if loading is your goal in the bench press at a given point in time, don't miss the boat.

Try out some of the following. They include tips on how to pick the bench to use, spotting, body position, and how to behave during the lift. I've listed them in order that they'd occur in a training session.

1) The floppy bar syndrome: If you use a "whippy bar" such as a competition Olympic bar, you'll lose a lot of energy controlling the whip (the multidirectional movement) of the bar. Of course, the heavier you go, the more this poses a problem. But don't get wobbled out of a heavy lift. Use the bar that has the least whip. Save the whippy bar for Olympic lifting. You'll be stunned at how much difference this aspect makes, either adding or subtracting as much as 5-10% to or from your 1RM.

2) The "thick as a brick" equation: There may be as much as a one-centimeter (1/2-inch) difference between the circumferences of different bars at the point where you grip it. While there's an optimum bar circumference relative to your hand size, I'd recommend using a bar with the circumference of nine to nine-plus centimeters, as opposed to the one that's over ten centimeters.

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but that one centimeter equates to about a 10% difference in the actual measurement and will cause about a 5% difference in your lift! True, the fatter bar may lead to further hypertrophy when used over a relatively long period, but we're talking about lifting big weights here!

3) The bent bar factor: Normally, using a bent bar wouldn't make much difference. But once you go anywhere above 70% of your 1RM, you'll really notice the impact of a bent bar. Not only will it reduce the load lifted, it may also cause you to strain or tear soft tissue. Avoid it like the plague!

Put the bar on the ground and roll it. You'll be able to tell if the bar rolls smoothly, or whether it lopes along like an old man with a wooden leg. (Pretend that you're about to play Fats in a game of billiards and you're checking out your pool cue.) I've seen bars that look like they could make 90-degree turns, and multimillion-dollar athletes use them without a clue! The "trueness" of a bar can make 2-10% of a difference on your lift, depending on the extent of the bend.

4) The circle of life: Most Olympic-type bars have a circle grooved into them to give you feedback about your hand positioning. For you, your medium or average grip may be with the outside of your palm touching this line. Don't assume that all Olympic bars in your gym are equal, though. Doing so could result in you using a considerably weaker grip and leave you scratching your head! My "made in Taiwan" Olympic bar has lines 102 cm apart, as opposed to my Eleiko bar lines, which are 90 cm apart. This is a massive factor, and it could make as much as a 5-15% difference in the amount of weight lifted!

5) A slippery deal: A bar's knurling is the roughened grip characteristic of most bars. If you do heavy deadlifts, you're well aware of knurling, as most of the skin of your shin can be found in the indentations of the bar. The amount of knurling that a bar contains often becomes a tradeoff between getting some hand grip and not losing all of the skin on your shins! No such issues in the bench, though.

If you use a bar that's shiny or slippery, you lose too much energy fighting the lateral hand slip, even when using chalk. If you want to keep your hands soft for your girlfriend, like the slimy character in "Of Mice and Men," you don't have to use the roughest bar. But you want one that provides an adequate grip. I find that a slippery bar can cause you to lose up to 5% of your 1RM.

6) Pick the right height, Dwight: Optimum dimensions for bench height will be influenced by your stature. Ideally, you need to be able to have an acute knee angle (less than 90 degrees) with your feet flat on the ground. If the bench is too high, you won't be able to achieve this acute knee angle and still be able to have your feet flat on the ground, which is necessary so that you can exert force through the feet.

If the bench is too low, your knee angle will be too acute, and you'll be mechanically disadvantaged when it comes to driving through the ground with your feet. Most competition bench presses are about 45 cm off of the ground. This is for a person of average height. If the bench is way off, compared to your height, it could make at least a 10% difference to your 1RM.

7) Pick the right width, Sid: Optimum dimensions for bench width again will be influenced by your bodyweight, shape, and back width. Ideally, the bench will allow you to place most of your force through your scapula, which should be in a retracted and motionless position. If the bench is too narrow, you won't be able to find a flat, firm place to create that action-reaction through your shoulder blades.

If the bench is too wide, the only harm is that it will restrict your range during the lowering. (While doing cambered benches, I usually find symmetrical bruising behind my shoulders every time, and it took me a while to figure out why!) Therefore, using a bench that's too narrow is the main concern. Most competition benches will measure about 30 cm wide, which is ideal for the average lifter. An extremely narrow bench (relative to you) could cost you at least 10%-15% off of your 1RM.

8) Pick the right foam, Jerome: If you use a bench that reminds you of your grandmother's 50-year-old sofa, it's too soft. You'll lose energy while stabilizing the movement of the shoulders. I prefer a harder bench to a softer bench. Think of the mechanics of action-reaction: the harder the surface, the greater the "rebound;" the softer the surface, the greater the dissipation. A really soft bench (as used in most commercial applications) may cost you 5-10% off of your 1RM.

9) I'd like to use a lifeline, Regis: Using a spotter can sometimes be invaluable, but this goes both ways. For some trainees, the realization that they have a spotter handy to bail them out will negate the urgency to complete the lift. If that's the case, I'd discourage the use of the spotter, but I'm going to assume that you're smarter and more committed than that.

So, rather than taking the spotter away, I recommend that you use one for the positive psychological perspective, and here's why. I don't want you to use any of your mental energy wondering what the implications will be (embarrassment, injury, etc.) if you can't complete the set or rep. Rather, I want total mental focus on getting the lift, and positive mental rehearsal. Removing the fear of failure can make the difference of at least one or two reps! And in a 1RM, that's everything!

10) I'd like to use another lifeline, Regis: If you take the bar out of the racks, you're removing it in a "weak" or mechanically disadvantaged position (from above your head). It'll feel heavy, and the risk of injury is higher. You don't want to commence the lift with a feeling of, "Shit, this is heavy!" Additionally, you'll be using more metabolic and nervous energy to take the bar from the rack position to the over-the-chest start position.

Use a spotter to do this with you! But train them to ease it onto you instead of letting it drop like a rock off of a highway overpass! As mentioned above, this technique can make the difference between getting the single, double, or triple and not achieving them.

11) The "home of the golden arches" principle: If you want to lift at your max, you're only kidding yourself if you don't use some kind of body arch! An arch of the trunk reduces the distance that the bar travels, increases the potential contribution of the lats and lower pecs, and creates an arc in the lift, as opposed to being straight up. All of this translates into more weight being lifted.

I classify three arches. First, a subtle movement is performed after you lie down on the bench in which you slide your bum/hips up closer to your shoulders. The second type is a more aggressive position in which you place your shoulders down first upon lying on the bench, then put your bum/hips down as close as you can to your shoulders.

The third, final, and most aggressive (and, therefore, most effective) arch technique is the one used by powerlifters in competition. Start right on the bench by positioning your feet far back, driving your hips in the air and back down the bench, then driving your shoulders into the bench in a position that's close to the feet. It's a little more complicated than this description, but you get the general idea!

A few words of advice, though. Warm and stretch the lower back before using any of these arches. Come out of them slowly. Do a reverse stretch (cradle) on the bench before getting up. Don't overuse this technique, though. Save it up for the max strength phase. Arching is probably the most powerful of all of these techniques and tips and can give you up to 20% extra on your 1RM!

12) The "Isaac Newton, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction" principle: I identify four main points where vital action-reaction dynamics are occurring, and if you aren't using them, you won't lift to your potential. The most important would be the shoulder blades. Most of the loading goes through this point. You must learn to use your shoulder blades as nonmoving, stable points of action-reaction. Drive through them!

The next important point is feet and legs! When I see lifters moving their feet or, worse, still flailing them about during a max lift, I cringe. The action-reaction potential of the feet contacting the ground is significant. To do this properly, make sure that the knees are slightly bent, feet flat, and drive through them into the ground without moving the feet during the lift. The head and hips aren't as significant, but they still contribute to the "tightness" of the body during the lift. They shouldn't move during the lift. An awareness of how to use these action-reaction points could be worth another 10% on your lift!

13) The "keep those blades sheathed" principle: I want the shoulder blades not only retracted during the lift, but still, too. They provide the greatest area of action-reaction. Most trainees allow them to protract (drift outward) with the completion of the concentric phase. Don't! Hold them tight and still. It's almost impossible to reposition them for the next rep, and as soon as you've "lost" them, they can no longer act as the major action-reaction site. This simple habit could contribute as much as 5% more on your bench.

14) The "when in trouble, go to the head" principle: Going to the head and emptying your bowels will increase your bench by up to 200%, particularly if you've eaten a really heavy Mexican lunch. I'm kidding! No doubt, you've heard or read about the "sticking point" during the concentric phase of the lift. This is the point of greatest mechanical weakness, the point at which you're most likely to fail.

When you get into this zone and feel the lift slowing, consciously, progressively, and minimally drive the bar more toward the head (i.e. upward at a 45-degree angle), as opposed to straight up. This keeps the bar moving and may actually allow you sneak through this weak joint angle. However, timing the use of this technique is critical: too early and you'll lose it, too late and you'll be too fatigued. And worse, if you overdo it, you'll drop it onto your head!

15) The "oxygen is good stuff" principle: How you breathe during a max bench can make a massive difference. The importance of holding the breath and its impact on intra-abdominal pressure is widely known. Hold your breath until you're just through the sticking point. This assists in the expression of force and maintains a firmer structure from which to drive (more important in pushing than pulling movements).

But what's less known is the use of breathing during other parts of the lift. When you take possession of the bar (from the rack), you should have full lungs, temporarily holding your breath. This prevents that initial feeling of being crushed by the load, a technique used extensively in powerlifting for both squats and benches.

From here, any inhalations or exhalations (except for those that take place during the actual lifting phase) have to be shallow and quick to avoid losing this firm base. When you begin to lower the bar, be careful not to breathe in too early, as this will make the time frame between the end of the inhalation and the sticking point too long, possibly causing a degree of hypoxia or shortage of oxygen in the muscle cell.

You can train yourself to hold your breath for longer periods of time. This is what most powerlifters inadvertently do. But, for the average lifter, finishing the inhalation too early can cause you to miss the lift.

Granted, many of these tips are aimed at powerlifters and bench freaks who just want to lift a lot of weight. But many of these principles have direct applications to bodybuilders, too. After all, proper technique, with the added benefit of proper equipment, will lead to additional hypertrophy all the more quickly. Now go slap some poundage on that bar.

Everything works... For a while.
Eponge

Messagepar Pos le 05/01/2006 15h17

From the physiques that most possess, however, I suggest that they're maxing out for the wrong reasons!
c'est un connard de bber... ca me motive pas à lire la suite

Pos

Messagepar Pos le 05/01/2006 15h19

Use the bar that has the least whip
nimp !

Pos

Messagepar Pos le 05/01/2006 15h26

putain c'est un tissu de conneries (desolé eponge)

Pos

Messagepar Eponge le 05/01/2006 15h52

Y'a pas de mal Pos. Néanmoins il y a des bons conseils (respiration, omoplates resserées tout le temps, ...), mais c'est sûr que cet article est moins bon que le précédent.

J'ai été surpris aussi par le truc sur la barre oly :!:
Everything works... For a while.
Eponge

Messagepar Yann L. le 05/01/2006 16h29

If you want to lift at your max, you're only kidding yourself if you don't use some kind of body arch! An arch of the trunk reduces the distance that the bar travels, increases the potential contribution of the lats and lower pecs, and creates an arc in the lift, as opposed to being straight up. All of this translates into more weight being lifted.

Vincent en avait parlé une fois de la contribution des dorsaux pendant le DC.

Yann L.

Messagepar Abilio le 05/01/2006 18h17

Y a une différence entre pousser plus lourd au coucher ET avoir la meilleure progression

Pour pousser plus lourd, y a tout les trucs pour raccourcir la trajectoire et multiplier les muscles qui interviennent.

Pour avoir la meilleure progression, le truc essentiel c'est PAS SE BLESSER.

Cela convient pas à tout le monde de cambrer ou d'ouvrir l'angle des épaules et du tronc pour raccourcir la trajectoire.
Abilio

Messagepar Patrick B le 05/01/2006 19h40

Je comprends pas cette histoire de coudes "en dedans " et "en dehors" :confused: Vous auriez pas des photos ?
"Au lieu de sécher t'aurais du transformer la graisse en muscle"
Patrick B

Messagepar Plasma le 05/01/2006 23h55

Coude "en dedans", c'est une pratique qui flirte avec les limites de la morale Judéo-Chrétienne. Coude "en dehors", c'est juste un fist...
Plasma

Messagepar Vincent L. le 06/01/2006 00h11

:D :D :D
Dernière édition par Vincent L. le 06/01/2006 00h12, édité 1 fois.
Vincent L.

Messagepar Ori le 06/01/2006 00h12

Coude "en dedans", c'est une pratique qui flirte avec les limites de la morale Judéo-Chrétienne. Coude "en dehors", c'est juste un fist...

J'ai enfin comprit cette histoire de coudes :D .
Thx Plasma ;) .
"L'impossible, nous ne l'atteignons pas, mais il nous sert de lanterne."
Ori

Messagepar Yann L. le 08/01/2006 23h31

Setting up for Competition Bench Pressing
By: Sebastian Burns

When most people set up for the bench they usually don't think that what they are doing is the most important part of the lift. They are focused on the weight and maybe the excitement of the meet or training session. What they don't know is that the game is won or lost in the setup. I don't think that many local gym rats even think about it at all. Judging by most of what I have seen working in the gym business for 15 odd years most people just lay down and push the bar up in whatever way possible. This is fine if you are a flat back benchin gym rat, but when you are looking to do some damage to the state, national, or world record books you will need to pay more attention to your setup. I have personally seen lifters add 50 to 100lbs to their bench in one or two training sessions just by improving their setup. That's right, 50 to 100lbs!! Most lifters would say only a bench shirt could cause an increase like that. Well I will try to convey in writing the proper way to set up your bench press so you to can enjoy an increase like that.

Lets start with feet position your feet should be spread wide. A good rule of thumb here is to always spread your feet a little wider than you think they should be. If you keep that in your head over time you will be able to get them pretty wide if you are not flexible enough to do so in the beginning .Now lets look at foot placement. The way we will do this is to look at the foot in relation to the knee. The feet should be tucked behind your knee more towards your head and the angle of your leg from a side view should look like this (<). There is a few reasons for this foot placement the first being the ability to drive hard from your legs without your ass coming up off the bench. The second is stability. The wide stance will provide the base needed to steer heavy weight with a bench shirt on. The actual way you place your feet is also important. We have found that it is best to put the full force of your push onto the balls of your feet but at the same time pressing the heel to the floor. Pushing the heel to the floor can be used as a fine adjustment knob for getting weight to touch your chest with your shirt on. When you push your heel down this will cause your stomach to rise and will allow the bar to touch.

Now lets move beyond the feet to the hip joint. It is here that we create the angle of the upper leg (<) we are looking for to get the feet in the proper position. This is accomplished by flexing your gluteus as much as possible and rotating your crotch towards the bench (Balls to the bench if you will). If you follow all the steps up till here we have solved the problems of getting max stability with max leg drive without raising your ass off the bench. For most lifters this would seem impossible but with some time and a lot of effort you will get the position right. If your ass is still coming off the bench then your feet will have to go wider or farther back or both.

Next is the lower back, obviously this will determine most of your arch and you will need to really push yourself to get your arch up if you are not flexible enough to do so already. I cannot say enough how important it is that you try really hard to get better at arching it is almost the biggest piece of the shirt bench puzzle. There is a few ways I have seen over the years to try to help you arch, everything from placing various balls and boards under your back to crazy stretching exercises. My opinion here is that if you think it works then try it. I personally have never used anything except trying to arch higher and higher every single set and I have been told that my arch is one of the best save for a few girls who can just bend in half.

Now lets move to arching the upper back. Most people think that only the lower back arches but this is not so and this is very important if you want to get the most out of your shirt, this is accomplished by putting your upper trap on the bench and pushing your chest out as far as possible. To see what I am saying sit up straight in a chair and place your finger on the highest point on your trap you will see that this is not behind you but rather on top. This is what you are trying to get on the bench.

Now that we have made it this far lets talk about the final piece and perhaps the most important. Shoulder blade retraction the best way to explain this is to stand straight up and put your arms up like you are about to bench. Now have someone put his or her finger in the middle of your upper back on your spine. Pull your shoulders together and try to squeeze that persons finger notice your bench stroke will shorten a few inches from doing this. This will also aid in touching weight with a tight shirt on. The reason for it in the setup will be to hold your shirt in place while you are arching.

Now that we have broken down each area of the proper setup lets put it all together into one motion because it must become one fluid motion that does not require lots of valuable energy needed for the lift.
Start by sitting on the end of the bench retracting your shoulder blades keeping your shirt where you have placed it for the lift. Lying back on the bench and grabbing the bar with an underhand grip, next move your head and upper body thru the bench towards your handoff spotter while holding yourself up with your underhand grip. Shoulders still retracted, pull your feet back farther than where you would normally place them, almost where they are touching the cross member of the bench. Keep them there and start moving your body back toward the front of the bench without moving your feet. Once you feel a great stretch in your hipflexors. Anchor your hips to the bench and start rotating your crotch downward toward the bench. Your feet still remain in the extremely flexed position at this time. Shoulders still together chest and stomach pushed up real high, this is where you must focus on the upper back arch. You can also use your head to hold your upper back off the bench while you are trying to get the upper trap on the bench. When you feel you have enough of an arch to put your traps down, slam them down hard and dig in. All the time be aware of your shirt and arm position. Keep pushing your ass and your traps closer together using your feet at one end and pushing into the arch with your hands on the bar with the other. The whole time you are doing this you will need to be aware of your bench shirt and the position of your arms, I cannot stress this enough. Now that you are in position slide your feet forward (not too far) until you can get a solid base on the balls of your feet now push your heels to the floor. If you can do so easily you went too far. It should be hard to get them to touch the floor .Now without moving your shirt turn your hands around push together a little more take a deep breath and take the weight.

I hope you will incorporate some or all of these things into your bench setup.

Using proper setup has made my bench increase dramatically. Before I would just jump under the bar and lift. Until I tried it, never would have believed that it made that significant of a difference.Mutt
Yann L.

Messagepar Guen le 05/03/2008 15h30

Pour Fast.
Guen

Messagepar Force Tranquille le 05/03/2008 16h11

Tient....j'ai pas lu dans la théorie qu'il fallait se piquer ??

C'est ou qu'ils conseillent les stéroïdes et autres produits dopants ?! :D

Ah merde....ouais, pour pousser très lourd c'est technique j'avais oublié :cool:
Les raisonnables ont duré, les passionnés ont vécu !

Training : viewtopic.php?t=9664

Pics : viewtopic.php?t=9660

2ème passion (en sous-marin de la muscul) :
Force Tranquille

Précédente

Coaching avec Rudy Coia
Musculation avec haltères
Le meilleur de SuperPhysique

Retourner vers Entraînement Force

• DISCUSSIONS EN RELATION
    Réponses
    Vus